Pages


Friday, March 4, 2011

Kitchen Cabinets

I am STILL obsessing over my kitchen cabinets...we have been in this house nearly 6 years and I had hoped that changing out countertops, appliances, paint, etc...would help lessen my *dislike* of my 80's oak cabinets...but that has not happened.




I mentioned, last weekend when our friends were over, that I wanted to paint the cabinets. Everyone, including Handsome, freaked!

"You can't paint wood!"

Uh...wanna watch me? LOL

I guess that means they won't be helping me with this project?


Today, I stumbled across a blog...big surprise, since I am addicted to all these blogs. Anyway, I digress...I {heart} the way this kitchen turned out, and while I won't be doing white cabinets, it just goes to show it CAN be done and look even better than the 80's oak!

These pictures are from It's a Wannabe Decorator's Life



SWOON!

I love her use of light and dark - her kitchen is so fresh looking. I am sure when Handsome reads this post, it will be accompanied by an eye roll and the thought, "Great, here she goes!"

I just need help picking out a color...any ideas?

~alicia

1 comment:

megan said...

YES YOU CAN PAINT WOOD!!! DO IT DO IT DO IT! You'll love the result, I promise! ;o)

Love your blog!
Megan at mykindofmakeover.blogspot.com