Pages


Saturday, February 19, 2011

Diary of a Clean Freak...

Last year, Handsome sold his extra truck, his first love, and we went from this:
(can you say U-G-L-Y?)

(Wow...what a difference, really!)

To this:


While these beautiful double ovens are "self-cleaning" - I don't really trust that feature of my ovens, and we had put off cleaning them long enough.

Several months ago I received my box of Shaklee products in the mail. Now I am sure my parents are having a little giggle and an "I told you so" right now, because when I was growing up, the only products we used were Shaklee products. I will admit that I never appreciated them, until I received that box.

These products are AH-MA-Zing! And the best part is they are non-toxic! Who wants to clean their oven, where they cook food, with some toxic, smelly spray? NOT ME!

Handsome suggested this morning that *we* need to get these ovens cleaned up to keep them looking new. So I pulled out my Shaklee Scour Off...and here are the results...




You can see this breaking down the grime, grease and burn...see that nasty brownness? That means it is WORKING! You literally put this stuff on, let it sit 5-10 minutes and wipe off...it is that EASY (easier than Easy Off and NO SMELL)...

And here is the end result... look how shiny! And it only took me 30 minutes total...
Good As New!!!



And what did Handsome do? Did he help? Uh, no...this is where he was....
(he is sick and not feeling well)

On another note, you may have noticed my perfectly polished nail in that picture before...what kind of crazy person gets a manicure and then cleans their oven?

THIS crazy girl here did!

I rarely get a manicure with color - I paint them myself - because they chip the very next day and that totally annoys me!

My new love...gel manicure. They *bake* the color onto your nail and it does not chip! Proof...here is a shot of my nails AFTER I finished cleaning my oven.

Gel manicure = clean freak's best friend!
(don't mind my pinky...it is hiding - I broke it this summer and it now naturally curls under my other fingers...gross!)


Now I wanna know...who's cooking?
(not me!)

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Great kitchen! I love the counter tops. We are getting new ones next month. Thank you Uncle Sam! Using the self cleaning feature NEVER looks as good as that.

Pam said...

WOW, I feel like an underachieving oven cleaner! haha! Looks awesome (and your nails do too!)