Pages


Wednesday, February 22, 2012

I "Moustache" You...Were You Surprised?

Been a little busy around here...haven't had time to edit pictures and type up the blog. Today, I have a few minutes while I am watching that train wreck of a show, "The Bachelor."

I can't believe I just admitted out loud...in writing...that I watch this show. Yes, yes, I know...let's not even go there!

Anywho...

New Year's Eve is a special day at our house - it is our oldest daughter, Bella's, birthday and this past year she turned 14. {Gasp...she will be a freshman in high school this fall!}

Isn't she BEAUTIFUL?!



Birthday parties seemed to end at age 12...every time we ask what she wants to do for her birthday, she says, "nothing." We ask if she wants a party...the answer is "no."

And then...later in the year, it is thrown back in our faces that we "never do anything for her birthday." So this year, we decided to take matters into our own hands and planned a surprise party.

I made some cute invitations and her best friend passed them out at school before the Winter Break...and then she created an event on FaceBook that Bella could not see. Aye...maybe that wasn't the best idea!



The night of the party came - we managed to get Bella out of the house and got the garage decorated (um, those decorations last all of 5 minutes) and heaters, music and food all laid out.

I was not prepared...for the onslaught of about 30 kids - 23 of which were boys!

And I have NEVER seen a 6 foot Subway sub get eaten in under 7 minutes!!!

Everyone rushed out of the garage when she pulled up in her brother's car...



And then the chaos...er, party, began.

Let's remember, I am NOT the Cake Diva that my daughter is...so I managed to make cupcakes {without burning them} and frosted them. BUT WHAT TO DO? No creativity flowing...Paige suggested moustaches, because her Sis loves 'em.

BRILLIANT!

We were lucky enough to find some at Party City that had adhesive on the back...moustaches aren't just for cupcakes anymore! 











And here are some miscellaneous pictures from the evening...these were taken somewhere between the disco ball being broken and the police showing up (they had complaints from our neighbor that there was "a lot of noise coming from your garage." Really? I have 30+ 8th graders in there...you should come inside and hear the noise level!
{rolling my eyes}









 As if the police showing up once was not enough...we forged ahead with our illegal fireworks display, which is a family tradition at our house on New Year's Eve...everyone raised a glass of Sparkling Cider and watched as Handsome nearly blew up the neighborhood!



 All-in-all, it was a great night...we were exhausted but it was great to see Bella so happy and to meet all of her awesome friends!

Happy New Year!

{alicia}















1 comment:

Lisa said...

Looks like a great time. You are an awesome mother. I think 30+ kids might have sent me over the top. Me and noise levels don't get along. Ear plugs are my best friend.

♥♥♥
Lisa